The Good News
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.” (Romans 8:28)
I hope I haven’t frightened you with all these stories of doom and gloom. I do believe that in the natural realm we will experience these things. However, God does not allow suffering for no good purpose. He will redeem many through this time. It will be an amazingly good thing in a few ways:
- When people are hurting they lift their eyes and look for what’s real. Right now, we’re in a country that is so spoiled and arrogant that we have each set ourselves up as a little god. People are so blessed that we have totally turned away from the One who blesses and begun to look at this as our birthright! This is nothing new in humanity. We see in the Old Testament time and time again the people of God turn away from Him and He allows devastation and ruin to come to them. Then they repent and turn to God and He blesses them. I expect this same thing to occur!
- I expect those who know the Lord to grow up as Sons of the Most High. Currently, we are a nation of baby Christians. God wants to grow us up as sons who can administer His Kingdom Authority and display His Glory to the world. This is what we’re designed for, but this is not what we’ve been. Those who can stay focused on Him and not on what’s going on around them will be richly blessed in ways that we cannot even imagine today. As we grow, we will be called on to serve others. This is His way.
- Those who do not know the Lord (whether they call themselves Christians currently or not) will turn to Him in numbers that have not been seen in this country in a very long time. Many will not, but many will clearly see that the ways of Man are worthless and useless and that there is a God who loves them and can lead them and raise them up. Because the line between the Body of Christ and those not of Him will be more clear, they will gravitate to those who the Lord has been teaching. They will see His Glory on others and be hungry for it. It will be a mighty harvest.
- Economically, the US will be in good shape at the end. I can’t say exactly how things will go, so I also can’t say how we’ll come out of it. But if our currency has been devastated, then our current debt problems will be greatly reduced. I’m assuming that we will learn our lesson and make much more Godly choices as we have turned back towards His ways. Because of our strong agriculture, technological base, and low currency value, we will be able to compete on a much more solid footing. Of course if during this time, we leave the Dollar and adopt a new system, I don’t know how that will play out, but I do think that after this washing, there will be something new and clean remaining.
- Also, because of the massive turmoil, I believe that the playing field will be leveled in this country in many ways and those who follow the Lord will be risen up to lead this people. He has a better way and He will teach it to us. Many things will be different, but as long as we stay close to Him, things will be very, very good.
We just held a free event about this Coming Storm and how to prepare for it in Austin. If you would like more ideas on how to prepare for this coming storm, please sign up for our free newsletter here. Through it, we plan to make the recording of this event available soon as well as let you know about future events. If you’d like to read more about the spiritual realities behind what’s happening, read the series we just finished on Daniel.
This post is Part 13 in the series Financial Outlook of the United States. To gain more insight, you can read about the coming storm here, in Pt 1, Pt 2, Pt 3, Pt 4, Pt 5, Pt 6, Pt 7, Pt 8, Pt 9, Pt 10, Pt 11 and Pt 12.