The Coming Storm

by Wes Bridel on October 16, 2009

in Stewardship

Are you really prepared for this?

Are you really prepared for this?

In previous posts, we’ve touched on some of the economic issues facing this country, but it’s time to be more pointed.  Today we’re going to share a serious message, and give you the details of an upcoming seminar where you can find out more.

I believe that a massive economic storm is coming and that we only have a short window to prepare for it.  We can either excel in these coming times.  Or suffer in them.  This sense that something really bad is just around the corner is growing heavier and heavier with me. Briefly stated, here are the reasons.

The Great Depression followed the Roaring Twenties.  Do you think anyone in the Roaring Twenties thought that they were about to go through a massive depression?  If we were sitting right here in 1930 (well after the great economy had turned bad) and you were told what was to come, do you think you would have believed it?  We’re in a similar place today.
The US government continues to run massive deficits each year and we already have a massive debt.  Think about that: what would your financial situation be like if every month you pulled money off a credit card in order to pay other credit cards?  This is what our government has been doing for years and is now doing at a much faster rate than ever before.

The US government is presently printing money the way Monopoly does, massively devaluing it.  Other countries are tired of holding our dollars (they’ve repeatedly said they want to get away from the dollar, and there are many signs that they have begun doing so).  What happens when all those trillions of dollars floating around the world aren’t wanted by anyone anymore?

This thing will hit most people very very hard.  But there are some things that can be done to prepare.  We don’t think anyone will be able to completely prepare.  Life is going to be different for everyone.  And on the plus side, we believe God is going to use this time to bring those who are really committed far closer to Him than we’ve ever been.  So we need to prepare spiritually now, and seek Him for what is coming.

At the same time, there are financial decisions that we still have time to make that could make a huge difference in how the coming years affect us.  You need to reconsider all the things that you’ve always heard are smart financial moves.  A lot of what has worked in the past is going to be exposed for the gambling and hoarding that it is. You need to examine options that you might not have looked at before because it wasn’t the hot idea of the financial institutions.

In light of our belief, Kingdom Calling is going to put on an event to go deeper into these issues.  We really feel like everyone should at least hear these things and pray through them.  The smartest financial people we know (who are not Believers and are not in the media circus touting Wall Street and the government’s agenda) believe this as well.  Unrelated to what they say, we believe the Lord is speaking this same message.

I hope you’ll consider coming to one of the two events we’re hosting on this subject called The Coming Storm Symposium on Nov. 5th or 18th at 7:30pm.  You can sign up here.

If you’d like more information on this event and future events, please sign up for our newsletter.  We are planning  to record the event, so if you’re on this list and not local, we plan to make this available to you as well if you’re on our newsletter list.

And if you think someone you know should read this message, please share it with them.

Photo credit: David HR

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

{ 6 trackbacks }

The Coming Storm Daniel Revelation - from KingdomCallingAdvisors.com Kingdom Calling Advisors
10.28.09 at 5:02 am
The Praise of Daniel - from KingdomCallingAdvisors.com Kingdom Calling Advisors
11.03.09 at 5:03 am
A Spiritual Perspective on the Storm - from KingdomCallingAdvisors.com Kingdom Calling Advisors
11.03.09 at 12:35 pm
Turning Toward God in Crises - from KingdomCallingAdvisors.com Kingdom Calling Advisors
11.04.09 at 5:02 am
11.04.09 at 4:33 pm
Introduction to Your Fruitful Tree - from KingdomCalling.com Kingdom Calling
01.05.10 at 5:03 am

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

kari 10.24.09 at 5:32 pm

can you consider taping the symposium and putting it online for those of us not in Austin?

Wes Bridel 10.25.09 at 6:22 pm

We’re definitely planning on recording it and making it available on DVD. Of course, if you’re in Africa, that could be tricky. I really don’t know what’s involved with making it available online. It’s possible if not too difficult, I just don’t know.

Cathy Sylvester 10.27.09 at 11:15 am

Could I please register to receive this newsletter? Thank you.

Wes Bridel 10.27.09 at 12:09 pm

Yes Cathy, the link to do so is http://www.kingdomcallingadvisors.com/newsletter-sign-up
or you can just click the big “special offers and financial tips” button on the right, but since you asked, I will go ahead and put your name and email in there. It will generate an email to you asking to verify and once you’ve done that, you’ll get the newsletter. Thanks. wes

EDIT PS- It looks like you found it after leaving this message because it said you were already signed up when I tried to put you in there. Let me know if that didn’t work for some reason.

Jean-Paul 11.20.09 at 2:11 am

Any data to back up this fear of great depression coming ?

You don’t think we have learned some lessons from the 20s and 30s ?

You are right about the dollar losing its value and the U.S. losing its economic strength, but for most people in the U.S. that should not matter too much and eventually the U.S. will turn around its economy as well.

This just all sounds a bit too negative to me. We have managed storms before and will manage this one as well.

Wes Bridel 11.20.09 at 7:49 am

Thanks for coming by and commenting JP! I thought of you guys this weekend as we spent it in Fredericksburg. Hope you’re having fun raising your baby. I would think that where you are it might not be AS bad, although I don’t really know. The country you’re in and the oil business would seem fairly removed, however I don’t actually know that much about what makes the economy there flow, so I don’t know.

We had the event again last night and several people commented that it was alot more upbeat than the promo’s I had put out. I didn’t mean to give the impression that I’m not excited about these times because there’s going to be tremendous spirtitual implications. So I”m very upbeat about these things. My understanding of these things is very much spirtiual, but I don’t think you believe in that possibility (as I didn’t when we were hanging out), so I’m going to keep this purely economic. When you focus on the economic outlook alone, I’m afraid that it is very bleak. This probably won’t show up for a few months or a year and then the next wave of trouble will come. There will be more waves after that one. Most of our blog posts lately have been about the financial situation so I think those would go futher in answering your question than I can here. However, I’ll address some of what you said…

You are right to some extant that Bernanke has made a life’s study of the Great Depression and he is consumed with making sure that doesn’t happen again. What the US Gov’t is doing is actually the opposite of what happened then. In those days money dried up and there was a great deflation. This year we have actually doubled the number of dollars! (This is counting the big problem of a massive debt and deficit which is a ticking time bomb) So because the dollar is not backed by anything, it is obviously worth half what it was intuitively. However, it’s worth whatever others will pay for it, and up till now it’s been the world reserve currency (for the last 62 years) We’ve only see a 15% drop in what others will pay for it so far, in large part b/c the system still runs on dollars and everyone still thinks they need them. But there are many signs that this is changing. Even if only that change kicks in and the Dollar is worth half what it was (inflation is always a delayed reaction to the government’s machinations), that’s a massive change whereby everything in the world costs double and everyone is alot poorer. Of course many of the countries of the world have their economies based on selling stuff to the US. As American’s can no longer afford to buy from them, they will go out of business or be significantly reduced. So an American problem will be a worldwide problem. Although the effect will be much greater on some countries than others.

But the situation is actually much worse than just this. When the world decides that the US is not prudently caring for their wealth held in dollars and moves out of it…what will we do when some of that $7T comes home? What will we do when no one will lend us money at these tiny rates of interest anymore? While in some ways this has been a problem kicked down the road for decades, our current policies are bringing this to a head. There are signs everywhere of this already happening. One (of many many examples) is India buying $200B of IMF gold while calling the US & European systems corrupt and not wanting to have their money in dollars. China hasn’t made any big moves yet, but they’ve made lots of small moves (and comments) over the last year. We can’t really go on in anything close to normalcy without these countries lending us back the money we send them. It is coming. I don’t pretend to know exactly how it will all go down, but I think we have a very dark decade ahead of us in the economic (natural) world. There will be many things, not just economic, but we tend to talk about economic things alot, so that’s the focus here. Many will learn that their faith in men and governments is unwarranted.

We’ve posted (or will in the coming days I can’t remember what’s gone up and what is yet to go up) about all these things in greater detail (If I remember maybe 13 posts on this topic). I’ld love for you to check them out and let me know what you think. Again, I don’t mean to sound bleak, I’m excited, but I am also preparing and the Lord has been amazing in my life recently. He is good!

Jean-Paul 12.04.09 at 5:43 am

Wes,

Just saw your comments back (I thought they would get sent to my e-mail as well, but never saw anything). You definetely have some good points that need attention from the U.S. government and the fed. I agree that the dollar is going to loose some of its importance in the world and the U.S. will loose ground on the new economies.

However, on the other hand, still a big part of the U.S. economy is self-dependent, so it will not matter much what the dollar is doing compared to other currencies. Also I believe in the flexibility of the U.S. that will find some way or another to take advantage of an opportunity and take on a challenge and find some way to come out on top.

Good luck with your sessions, it is always good to be prepared for bad times, but use see them as an opportunity too !!

Wes Bridel 01.10.10 at 8:31 pm

Thanks JP. We just finished the video. I guess we’ll have to agree to disagree. Hard times are coming in the physical along with amazing times in the spirit for those who can focus on what’s really happening in the eternal and not what’s occuring in the physical around them. It won’t be easy for most of us but it will be a time or great awakening to what’s real!