Questions Concerning the New Covenant Ministry
I trust there is a generation coming, endowed with the Lord’s mercy and grace, which will yet again unveil His original intention and pattern of His plan for His people. This was prophesized in the OT many times. (Psm. 24:6; Psm 110:3)
It will require a restoration of the foundation of what was lost in the teaching of Jesus Christ. It will require pure and genuine discipleship in the context of a life in the Kingdom by the Spirit, not in the context of a life circling around church institution. Rules and duties will have to be recovered.
Such teachings will bear several characteristics:
- They won’t be founded on Man’s traditions and rules, and ends itself there. It will be Kingdom oriented.
- This teaching will not be based on human intellect, but by the Power of the Holy Spirit.
- This teaching will not be involved in building or perfecting a movement or reformation of the church system, but in releasing people into Kingdom life and reality.
- Such teaching will be a true return back to the New Covenant ministry, which is granted by the power and authority of the Lord to His disciples when He sent them out to disciple nations. (Matt 28)
- From your own observation, can you indentify some of the problems with Christianity? What are they?
- What is the essence of New Covenant ministry?
- Who is the main “actor” in the New Covenant ministry? How so?
- Please give a brief explanation of the relationship between the Kingdom of God and the Household of God.
Questions for Meditation and Application
- What is your concept of being a minister? How are you to become a New Covenant minister?
- How do you think you can practically doing ministry in the place where God has you?
- What does having Kingly and Priestly duties means to you? Do you think there are only heavenly things? If not, why?
- How do you think you can attain a deeper level of God’s wisdom? For what purpose?
This is post is _Part 6_, the last post in the series Ministry Under the New Covenant. To use this as a growth tool to better understand your own calling, you might start by reading the explanation of this series, Pt 1, Pt 2, Pt 3, Pt 4 and Pt 5.
Photo credit: Enid Yu