Questions for Reflection Regarding The Order of Melchizedek
In the Book of Hebrews, chapter 7, the author describes the order of Melchizedek, establishing Jesus Christ forever as its High Priest.
Questions for Review
- Melchizedek means “righteousness and peace” in Hebrew. What is your understanding of this in the context of the Kingdom of God?
- After you read the types and shadows of the Order of Melchizedek, read 2 Corinthians 3. How would you compare the ministry under the Law with that of the Spirit?
Questions for Meditation and Application
- Read Hebrews 7 and 8. In these passages, where do you think Jesus Christ is acting as the High Priest? Explain.
- When you are newly born again, do you think you are immediately qualified to be minister of the New Covenant? If not, why?
- Has God put the people before Christ in a disadvantaged place compared to us who have Jesus Christ? Is this His intention?
- Do you think there is a difference between the life of the Spirit and ministry of the Spirit? Explain.
This is post is _Part 11_ in the series The Order of Melchizedek. To use this as a growth tool to better understand your own calling, you might start by reading the explanation of this series, Pt 1, Pt 2, Pt 3, Pt 4, Pt 5, Pt 6, Pt 7, Pt 8, Pt 9 and Pt 10.
Photo credit: goldring
Leave a Reply