Questions for Meditation and Application – Sanctification
Questions for Review
- What is the relationship between sanctification and discipline?
- What is the relationship between discipleship and discipline?
- What feelings and results come from a loving, constructive relationship between a father and son?
- Compare the way our Heavenly Father disciplines us with the way we discipline ourselves? How do they work together for our good?
- What is holiness? Is holiness a state of being or a process of development?
Questions for Meditation and Application
- Compare the different forms of discipline you have encountered in your life? Analyze them in terms of your feelings towards each discipline, the requirements of each , and the ultimate results.
- What is common among these disciplines? Do you think they are necessary? Why do you like or dislike them?
- What do you think of the role of the Holy Spirit in your life in light of being disciplined as a son of God?
- Are there any areas you need to improve in terms of self-discipline, specifically in regard to your spiritual life?
- What does holiness mean to you in terms of your relationship to the world?
This is _Part 7_ in the series Disciplined by the Father and Self-Discipline. To use this as a growth tool to better understand your own calling, you might start by reading the explanation of this series, Pt 1, Pt 2, Pt 3, Pt 4, Pt 5 and Pt 6.
Photo credit: fredlef